Checkout the scorecard
- Exact date of the 2022 World Cup: uncertain, because FIFA was surprised by the existence of hot climate on the Arabian peninsula in mid-summer, when Football World Cups are traditionally held.
- Amount of bribes paid by Qatar to FIFA members: unknown, but apparently high enough to make FIFA and its members forget to look at a map of the world or a climate chart.
- Number of Qatar’s previous appearances in Football World Cups: zero. As host nation, Qatar is however automatically qualified for 2022. Sometimes, if you are not good enough, buying the whole World Cup is the only way.
- Qatar’s ranking in the freedom index:not free.
- Amount of time spent by FIFA delegates on discussing Qatar’s lack of freedom: haha, are you kidding me? This is FIFA.
- Chance that Qatari decision makers thought that the architects’ office chosen for the design of the stadiums is actually…
View original post 214 more words